Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Gift card holder

Finally the weather is cooler! Seems like we skipped fall and winter is here. Plus we got rain ..Yay!

So getting back to posting a card - Here is mine for the 10 minute craft dash #28.

CD_28

I love turquoise - be it card, jewelry, clothes. So I jumped right in and made this. It is a money holder card. 


Took a turquoise paper sprinkled with silver pattern - Made me think of snow - to make the base. Heat embossed Merry Christmas with red EP. I was a little disappointed that the red turned to a blackish color on this paper afgter embossing but ... I guess it looks ok. Punched out a circle with 1 3/8" on the outer flap. Added the scallop ring with silver paper around it. The tree is an inset, glued on the inside on a red circle. Added glitter (ofcourse), star and ribbon for embellishment. 

Took me 7.58 mins to finish. Easy breezy! 

Oh - the hand crafted sentiment you see - is totally an unexpected discovery. I placed that block below my card to angle it up a bit - just so my money holder top flap would stay down. When I downlaoded the pics .. discovered the hand crafted sentiment peeking. I went -mmm.. that looks good. So I kept it.

Thanks for peeking. Leave a comment if you get a chance.

Amy.


4 comments:

Rachel Izakowicz said...

Great Christmas card - and good time too! Thanks so much for playing with us at the 10 MInute Craft Dash!

Betty said...

What a cool gift card. Thanks for playing along with us in the 10 Minute Craft Dash and hope to see you again.

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so sweet! And your time is amazing!
Thanks so much for playing along with the 10 Minute Craft Dash!

Caryn said...

Love the scale and design. Thanks for playing along with the 10 Minute Craft Dash.
Hugs,
Caryn xxx