Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Snow buddies

Here I am making christmas cards with my friend and she had this stamp from Hero Arts. I told her I had to borrow this one because I would love to make some cards with it. This is what I came up with

Stamped the image on white cardstock. Colored in with multiple SU markers and water color pencil. Added glitter and glossy accent. The paper with the image is torn only at the edges and then snipped around the outline with scissors. Added dimensional only behind the top of snow people and the base is glued. Here is a close pic of what I mean with all the mumbo jumbo above :) -

Lastly, topmost layer is torn, added glitter along the torn edge and added sentiment.

I really like the way this card turned out. I will have to make a few more and give some to the friend who let me borrow this stamp set.
I am entering this for
1. SCS CAS244 Challenge for tearing and/or distressing.
2. CHNC challenge extra for October
3. Rudolf Day

Thanks for looking. I hope you like it and share your thoughts.

Amy



3 comments:

Sarn said...

Hi Amy

Love your torn edges (great minds think alike!) and I'm not surprised you wanted to borrow that cute snowman stamp.

Thanks for joining in with Rudolph Day.

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Kathleen said...

Brilliant card, love the image and the layers.

Kath x

scrappymo! said...

Great layering and glittering to create the snow. I really like the way you popped the tops of the snowmen...more realistic looking!

Great card!